Monday, October 7, 2013

How God Has Worked Out The Abuse And Bullying Out For Good In My Life Along With Its Complications

How God Has Worked Out The Abuse And Bullying Out For Good In My Life Along With Its Complications

The abusive spankings I took from my grandparents resulted in having an understanding of others who have been abused and being able to relate to them.  It also helped me to search out the Bible for wisdom rather than relying on how I was raised.  My living with my grandparents to begin with resulted in divorce and the complications I faced from that helped me to see and believe the truth of God's Word. 

The bullying I went through has helped me to understand what it is like to have no one.  I can relate to others who are in that situation.  It has caused me to care about those people and when I see that they are alone,  I would be there for them.  When I read the Bible,  it has taught me that God loves me regardless of how others treated me,  I was also able to share that with others who felt unloved.  It has helped me to help others know that they are loved.  4 lives were saved from suicide because I was there for people and understood them.  They have seen what I have gone through and were encouraged that there was hope.

I have shared my story on the internet and in a dvd. It has given people at Golden House hope.  Golden House is an abuse shelter in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I have gotten feedback from them when I made another donation to them. 

I became very withdrawn and detached from my emotions.  I became robot like.  When I accepted Jesus Christ, God restored my emotions and restored me as a person.   This has shown me God's power to restore people.  God can restore you too.

I was taught and treated like there was something wrong with me.  God taught me that He created me and all my characteristics and differences has given me a measure of wisdom that He desires me to have.   The person God has created is good.  That includes me and that includes you.  When we accept Jesus Christ and repent of any known sin,  we are a new creation,  we are the person that God created us to be.

I am not the same person that I would have been had I not faced these things in life.  I may have had more friends,  I may have made more money,  I may have lived a life in which the world would call "a happy life".  I also know that I would not have recognized my need for God.   I would have never come to know and accept Jesus,  and I would probably have been married to a different woman than the one I have because if I have not known Jesus,  I would have never met my wife.  I also would have never had the care, love,  or compassion on those who needed someone.  I would not have been the loving person I am.   I realize that the things I have been through has made me a better person. 

My involvement with BDSM and my fascinations with getting spanked would not have happened if I did not get the abusive spankings I got as a child.  I had a hard time accepting myself because of that.  I knew that my childhood spankings brought that on.  I would have never chosen to have those desires or fascinations with getting spanked.   I was ashamed of who I was.  I asked God to take that away.    Even though this lifestyle is different,  there is nothing in the Bible that calls it a sin.  In the end,  I learned not to call anything a sin unless I can prove it in the Bible.  I also learned to accept the differences of others and not judge them.  I also know what it is like to struggle.  For those who struggle with sin, to understand them,  pray for them,  and gently restore them with the Bible.  I also learned that it is ok to be myself and embrace in my differences, even this lifestyle, it is now a part of who I am.  I have also learned to accept myself through this along with being more accepting of others. 

I have also sinned and done many bad things in my life.  Jesus forgave me and called me to forgive those who wronged me.  What I have been through has shown me what it is to forgive.  It was hard but very necessary for healing. 

The damage that was done to me from abuse and bullying was great and sharing that has brought awareness of what abuse and bullying does,  me sharing about that may have opened up the eyes of others and may have prevented another person from being bullied or may have caused someone to take abuse more serious and report it.  Sharing about what kindness does may have promoted more kindness.  This can spiral and change lives.  I hope that many lives get changed.  I believe it has.
I now have a message:  There is hope for you.  God can give you victory through this just like He has done for me.  You may not be the same, but you will be better people.   God can take the evil things that happened to you and turn them around for good just like He has done for me.  Forgive those who wronged you and trust God to work these things out for you and He will.  God will use you to do great things and change the lives of many people because of someone like you.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: