Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trusting That All Things Will Work Out For Good Romans 8:28

Trusting that God will work out all things for good.  Romans 8:28

When we have worked out all the emotional pain,  came out of denial and got to a point where we accepted what happened to us and worked out our forgiveness of our abusers, molesters, and bullies,  which does not mean being around those people or trusting them, but releasing our hatred and bitterness toward them, we have taken some very crucial steps toward healing.  The next step is a hard one and it is hard to understand.  It involves faith and trust that God will work it out for good.

Abuse does physical, emotional, mental, intellectual, and spiritual damage to a person. It changes them.  I have shared in previous posts on how it has effected me throughout my life and the characteristics that I carry because of it.  I could never understand how that is all going to work out for good. I was damaged by it.  I hated myself.  I tried to pretend to be someone else.  I was ashamed of many things about myself, even things that the Bible does not call a sin.  I thought "How is that going to work out for good?  How can it work out for good?  I am not the person I would have been if I never went through that."

I had to completely trust God and have faith that it would all work out for good.  I had nothing to go on.  That part gets revealed to us later. God shows us and works in us through the faith that we have in Him. I was 27 when I had to rely on just trust and faith in God with this. 

How has God worked this all out for good for me?  God has used me to be an encouragement to many people because of what I went through.  He has given me the ability to have compassion on people who have been abused and bullied.  He has given me the ability to have compassion on those who have no one else and to be there for them.  4 known suicides were prevented and who knows how many more.  God has caused me to make a difference in many people's lives.  None of this would have happened if I have never been abused, bullied,  or molested by another kid in school.  My pages would have never existed. I would have never came to know Jesus Christ. I would have never been able to encourage a woman in my church who was suffering from cancer.

You may not understand why you went through the things you have.  You may not understand how that can work out for good. I hope that my testimony helps you to see how God took the evil things that were done to me and turned that around for me. God can do that for you also.  It takes faith and trust in Him to do it.  It will come in time, but it takes patience and perseverance of faith. Don't give up, because God will turn your curses into a blessing.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: