Sunday, October 13, 2013

It Is Hard To Trust The Type Of People Who Abused You

It Is Hard To Trust The Type Of People Who Abused You.

Some of you may have experienced this and I will share my experiences with this also.  Sometimes for example,  when a person was abused by men, they tend to not trust men, or when a person is abused by women,  they tend not to trust women.

I have taken my harshest spankings by my grandpa. I have taken some harsh spankings from my step dad.  I was bullied in school mostly by boys, and when I was molested by an older kid in school,  that kid was a boy.  Later on,  I have tended to be more open with females than males.  I have a much harder time opening up to other men, even though I am a man myself.  Don't get me wrong,  I have had male friends,  but it seems that females were more supportive of me maybe because I was more open with them.  It does not mean that I had a crush on them.   Most of my conversations with other males are very superficial.  I have had deeper conversations with females.  I have gravitated more toward females in college,  and other social events. 

It takes a very long time for me to trust other males and open up to them.  It eventually happens if I have never been belittled by that person and the person demonstrated themselves to be loving and caring people.  Once a harsh word comes out of their mouth,  I lose all trust and I feel that I can never open up to that person again.  It is taking time for these things to work out.  I consciously know that there are good men out there,  but in
Subconsciously,  I have become more apprehensive to share deep things with them.  It takes much time to work out of this.

If you have struggled with this,  know that not all men are bad, not all women are bad either.  There are a lot of good men and women out there along with bad ones.  Trust can be one of the hardest things.  If you are struggling with this,  I will pray for you.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: