Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Does God Take Away Every Side Effect Of Abuse?

Does God Take Away Every Side Effect Of Abuse?

God will work out the things that are considered sinful,  He will heal emotional pain, He will give you peace and He will work it out for good. 

Some of the side effects can be having the understanding of what abuse does and being able to relate to others who have been abused.  God will not take that one away.  Others that are not sin issues can be used to build our character and make us better people.  There may be other side effects that God will not take away because He has a purpose for them.

When we trust God,  He takes all that we have been through and makes us better people.  We may be a product of our environment,  but we are better people because of what we went through.

I will list some side effects of abuse that I still carry and that God has not and some that God will not take away from me.

1.  Compassion for others who are being or have been abused or bullied.   I relate to them well and understand what they are going through.  This gives me the ability to help those people.

2.  Compassion for those who have no one.   I will be someone who cares and will be there for them. 

3.  Compassion for those who are different because I am very much different myself.  I can encourage them.

4.  Knowing what it is like to feel pain.  I end up having compassion for others who feel pain and will do what I can to come along side them and encourage them.

5.  I have developed spanking desires as a result of the harsh spankings I took as a child.  I assumed that it was a sin and asked God to take that away from me.  God had a better answer. By not taking that from me,  I have learned not to call anything a sin unless the Bible calls it a sin.  I have learned to understand others and accept their differences rather than judge them.  I have also learned to come along side people who are struggling rather than beat them down.  I have learned to accept myself and my differences because of that.  I have learned that it is ok to embrace in things as long as the Bible does not call it a sin.  I also have learned not to stereotype without completely looking in to it.  Example:  people stereotype BDSM as sexual when most of the time it is not.

6.  I didn't trust in how I was raised. I learned to trust the Bible instead.  Society changes.  It was considered ok by society to beat your kids with sticks in the 70's, now society went to no spankings.  I have learned not to trust society either.  The Bible never changes. I learned to research the true meaning of the Bible by researching the original Hebrew and Greek root word meanings rather than just trusting the English (Word Study Guides help).

7.  Healing takes time and it takes time to unlearn the bad things and relearn the good things.  I have learned to be patient with people through this. 

Forgiving your abusers and bullies is a major step toward healing after you have trusted Jesus and surrendered yourself to Him and accepted Him as Lord and Savior as He died on the cross for your sins and rose from the dead to prepare a place for you in heaven.

Trusting that God will work all things out for good, even the abuse,  bullying,  and side effects of those things.   God will work out all of that for good.  That will unfold when you trust God with that first.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: