Tuesday, December 25, 2012

You are Important, You Matter, Your Life is Important!

Have you ever thought that you did not matter? Have you ever thought about committing suicide? Think about these things:

1. Thinkabout the boy who picked a snowball fight with you on a street corner, and yougave that him some attention, and talked to him to find out his parents spendall their time at the bar and give him no attention. What if you were that only source ofattention that kid got? If you were notthere, that he would not have gotten that attention.

2. Thinkabout the girl who came up and talked to you while you were working on yourcar, and you found out that her mother is working long hours and her parentsare divorced. What if you were the only positive influence thatgirl had, and you were the only adult figure who would give her any kind ofattention? If you were not there, thatgirl would have not gotten that attention.

3. How about the guy who rides by on the bicycle byyour house and comes to talk to you, and you find out that he is a littledifferent, but he is a nice guy. What ifeveryone else makes fun of him, and you were the only one he had to talkto? If you were not there, he would haveno one.

I thought about committing suicide at 22 years of age. The boy with the snow balls has already metme at that time, but I would have not been there for the girl who talked to mewhile working on my car, and I would have not been there for the guy who rideshis bike past my house had I taken my life. I would have not been able to hold my church together after my pastorresigned, had I taken my life. I wouldhave never started my page, had I taken my life. My wife would have never met me, and the livesI have influenced would have not been influenced in that way, had I not beenthere. I had another temptation tocommit suicide about 9 months ago, and had to use things like this to combat mythoughts. Never deal with it alone, tellsomeone if these types of thoughts are coming to you, and get aroundpeople. Sometimes you can be depressedfor no reason at all, and you can be extremely sad with no apparent cause. I had that happen to me.

Know that you are important, and your life does matter. You never know what type of influences youwill have on others in the future. Greatthings can happen from someone like you if you trust God. Your love, kindness, and compassion can havea great effect on the lives of many. Consider this before taking your life, or feeling that you are notimportant. You are all very important!

If you want to accomplish good, you must first trust God, and love people, be kind to others, and have compassion on others. If you do this, great things will be accomplished as a result.

I have watched a movie called "It's a Wonderful Life", this is a ficticious movie, but the underlying message is good. It goes to show how important every one of you are. You are all important and you all have had an impact in the lives of others. When you trust God and put on love and kindness, you have even a greater impact and much good is accomplished. Never forget how important you are and you are all loved.
God Bless,

Rodney Calmes

No comments: