Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Be Yourself, You Have Nothing to Be Ashamed of

Have you ever hated yourself? Were you ever unable to accept yourself for who you are? Have you ever tried to be like everyone else? Have you ever been ashamed of who you are?

Have you ever thought about what caused you to think these things? Was it the mistreatment you got from others? Did you not fit in?

This happened to me, and I may not be like everyone else. I was never as good in sports like other kids, and I was left out because of that. There were areas where I was not as smart as other kids. I was slow in my early years, and through my grade school years. I cried easily, when I would see someone who was sad, it would make me cry. I was often picked on because of that, and I was told by some people in my family that there was something wrong with me because of that. As a result, I was ashamed of my emotions, I was ashamed of who I was, and tried to become like everyone else. I eventually became detached from my feelings and became like a robot, because I was ashamed of them. I felt like I was stupid. I felt that I did not deserve friends, and I felt that I did not deserve to be loved. I had a hard time accepting love or kindness. I became withdrawn.

One day, I came to accept Jesus Christ in my life, and read John 15:18-27, and found that God has set me apart from the world, and if I was of the world, the world would love me as its own, but I was set apart as a child of God. It has shown me that I was loved by God. I have read Genesis 1-3 and found that God has created me in His image, and He created me for who I was. I also read in 1 Cor 12, that God gave me gifts and talents, and each person has a different set of gifts and talents. Everyone is created unique. I became reattached to my emotions. I have learned that God has made me a loving and caring person, and my emotions show that. God has shown me that He loves me for who I am even if others do not. He has shown me that any sin in my life needs to be worked out, and I need to change those, but the person God created me to be, I have nothing to be ashamed of. God has given me a loving and caring heart so that many good things can happen, and as a result, I would be able to minister to many.

I would like to let you know, from what I learned, you are who God created you to be, and you have nothing to be ashamed of. You do not need to be ashamed of who you are. You have talents that God has given you, and those talents can be put to good use. You do not need to be like everyone else. You are loved for who you are, and anyone who does not love you for who you are does not deserve you. You are unique, you are different than everyone else, but your uniqueness and difference is beautiful. God loves you the way you are. You do not need to be like everyone else, you are loved for who you are, be yourself. You have great gifts, that can be used to do great things, and accomplish much good. God accepts you for who you are. The only thing you need to change is the sin in your life, but everything else is beautiful. The greatest qualities that you will have is the love, care, and kindness that you show toward others. Exercise these, even if no one else does, because that will make you the most beautiful of all people.

Never be ashamed of who you are, you are loved, accept yourself, and be yourself.

God Bless,

Rodney Calmes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was an encouraging story to read. Thank-you for this.

Support For Those Who Have Been Abused Or Bullied said...

I hope that you find not only this encouraging, but I also hope you find some of my other posts encouraging also.