Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Importance Of Accepting Yourself As Essential For Healing From Abuse Or Bullying Issues

The Importance Of Accepting Yourself As Essential For Healing From Abuse Or Bullying Issues

I have talked about in previous posts about the emotional healing from abuse and bullying. This involves accepting what happened and coming out of denial, accepting what happened to you was wrong, forgiving your abusers and bullies, and trusting God and that He will work all things for good Romans 8:28-30, this includes the abuse and bullying you went through.

There is more to healing than just the emotional healing. Childhood abuse and bullying has programmed the brain which makes up who we are. Our personalities, likes and dislikes, what makes us happy and what makes us sad is effected by the abuse and bullying. We have to unlearn all things that are wrong and unhealthy and relearn what is right and good. This is a life long process. I had to go through that and I am still going through that process day by day. I have learned a lot by reading the Bible and that has taught me to see myself how God sees me and that God created me for who I am. What God created is good, that includes you and me. It took a long time for me to learn that. I am still learning things and growing as a person day by day. This is very essential. You cannot go on thinking of yourself as being worthless or useless because that will destroy you.

If you have accepted Jesus Christ, you are a new creation, you are cleansed of all sin. You are beautiful. God can use you to do great things. It took a long time for me to unlearn that I was useless and worthless to learn that God can use me to do great things. Another essential part of our healing is accepting ourselves and accepting who we are and who God created us to be. Even though our environment and upbringing has a lot to do with who we are and the way we think, feel, what we like and what we don't like, that is all a part of us. I was ashamed of having desires and fascinations with spankings for many years and I could not accept that about myself. I had a hard time accepting my sensitivity to other people's sadnesses and hurts, because I am more sensitive to that than the average person. I struggled for many years even after having emotional healing from the abuse and bullying I went through with accepting myself for who I am.

I have very recently accepted myself and learned to embrace who I am and what I liked no matter how different it is. I have learned to accept my differences and not be ashamed of them. This is essential to having peace and being able to grow as a person. If those differences involves sin, repent and confess that to God and He will work out all sin issues in your life. God has helped me with a lot of sin issues and He changed me from them. The things about myself that are not sin issues, God left them to be a part of me, even if I did not like those parts about myself.

If you are struggling with accepting your differences whether those differences came from the abuse you went through or not, I will pray for you. If you struggle with sin, I will pray for you also. I will not judge you. I will be here to love you and support you any way I can.

God bless you,
Rodney Calmes

No comments: