Sunday, August 11, 2013

Everyone Has Differences

Every person has things about themselves that are different. People are often judged and ridiculed for their differences. Some of these differences are because that is the way God created them. Example: God made me a sensitive person who cries easily especially when I see someone who is sad. There may not be any environmental things that caused that. God created me that way. Some differences come from things that happened. You may go into a locker room and see scars on someone's butt that resulted from being whipped. The person may be old enough that it is obvious that those scars did not come from childhood abuse. You may conclude that the person is into sadomasochism. People scoff at him and make fun of him because of that. They may make judgments on him. That person who has been whipped consented to it. I have been that person. I was spanked severely as a child and when a person takes a severe spanking with blunt force, it triggers involuntary sexual experiences that causes a person to desire spankings and whippings. This is a physical thing, not just psychological. I started to desire spankings when I was 8. I was spanked with large sticks when I was 4-5 very often and occasionally after that. I was spanked every day from when I was 4 until I was 9 either with a hand or a stick either for my teachers or at home. When I had to pull my pants down and get spanked on my bare butt. I believe that it was the moment that triggered the involuntary sexual experiences. When I engage in this, I usually have flashbacks to that event. I have tried to get rid of those desires and prayed about it and God allowed me to have them. He did not get rid of them for a very good reason, so that I would not be judgmental of others and I would not call something a sin that was not found in the Bible to be a sin. When someone cuts themselves, we fail to understand that they carry deep emotional pain inside and we fail to reach out to them. Instead we gossip and look down on them. These types of things are done for a reason and we need to be more understanding of people no matter what they do, there is a reason they do it. We need to treat them with love and kindness. Pray for them and be gentle with them. Some people smoke and we call it a sin or we question their Christianity because of it. There is nothing in the Bible that says that smoking is a sin. People have a right to engage in things and do what they like as long as it does not violate the Bible and they are not hurting other people by it. Some people may be withdrawn and no one reaches out to them. That person may have been abused and yet faces further abuse by the bullying and rejection they face. We all have our differences. Love people for their differences rather than rejecting them. Bear the differences of others even if their differences are not your cup of tea. Be kind to one another. It is ok to be different. No 2 people are the same. If we see someone in sin, pray for them, love them and gently address their sin by showing them their sin in the Bible. Understand that they may be struggling with that. We all struggle with sin of one form or another in our lives. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Rodney Calmes Sent from Catch Notes for Android https://catch.com

No comments: