Monday, August 12, 2013

Don't Be Ashamed Of Who You Are

Don't Be Ashamed Of Who You Are. Do you have characteristics about yourself that may not be common? Were bullied because of it? Do You feel that you are the only one? Are you afraid of what people would think if they found out about that characteristic? I have been down that road many times. I have desired to get spanked since I was 8. I often spanked myself and was afraid of what would happen if someone seen me doing that. I was ashamed of that. I often thought "what if the neighbors heard my spanking myself?". I often thought that people would think less of me if they found out that I liked getting spanked. I kept that secret for a long time. I asked God to take that away from me. No matter what I did, I could not change that about me. I struggled with that for a long time. God never took that from me. I searched the Bible and I could not find anything about that in the Bible. I thought that I was in sin. I found nothing that called it a sin. Anything done between husband and wife with consent is ok, including spankings. 2 years ago, someone took a picture of me changing clothes and posted that picture on the internet revealing the scars on my butt from a whipping that I consented to. He took me by surprise. I tried to hide that. He exposed that to all my Facebook friends. That forced me to reveal that. It was a difficult time in my life. I found out that no one thought any less of me and many stood by my side. No one treated me any different. I was blessed because even though a part of me that I was ashamed of got revealed that no one thought any less of me. I am no longer ashamed of that and now I freely talk about it. I no longer have to carry any secrets. I have never hurt anyone by what I do. I have never done anything against the consent of another person. Even though what that person did to me was ugly, that whole thing has set me free. I no longer have to be ashamed of who I am or what I like. Another thing I was ashamed of was that I am a very sensitive person. I cry very easily especially when I see someone who is sad. I have been ashamed of that for years also. I tried to hide myself when I got sensitive. I have learned that there is nothing wrong with being myself. As long as the Bible does not call it a sin, it is ok to embrace in it. I learned not to judge others or call anything a sin that the Bible does not call a sin. This is why God never delivered me from my desires to get spanked. I have also learned that God created my emotions. I have nothing to be ashamed of because of my sensitivity. My sensitivity has caused me to love people and show kindness toward them. It caused me to care about people and pray for them. It has caused me to help others any time I can and to be there for them. You may have things about yourself that are different. Don't be ashamed of them. As long as the Bible does not call it a sin and you are not hurting others, embrace it, don't be ashamed of it. People will love you for who you are. Those who cannot love you for who you are don't deserve to have someone like you. You don't have to try to hide who you are. You are the person God created you to be. Be yourself, it is ok. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Rodney Calmes Sent from Catch Notes for Android https://catch.com

No comments: