Saturday, June 29, 2013

Too Many Harsh Spankings Done On A Regular Basis Can Become Ineffective And Painless


Many parents tried to teach their children by giving them severe spankings. I have been spanked with a 1x2 stick. Sticks and large paddles are the worst things that you can use. They do much damage to the deeper tissues and nerve endings which heal into scar tissue. With enough spankings like that done on a regular basis, the skin becomes permanently discolored (a tannish reddish color) and very resistant to bruising along with a lack of sensitivity to pain on the butt. I can tell you that from experience. I was goofing around and it got carried away and I got a swat on my butt with a 1x2 hardwood stick and the stick shattered. I never flinched and it did not hurt. My friend was very puzzled by that. This is what you are doing to children when you spank them with blunt objects like that. I have also liked getting spanked since I was 8, which made it a reward instead of a punishment. Think about this before using blunt objects to spank your kids. In the long run, it will be more harmful. It creates long term emotional harm as well. You don't have to do physical damage and put your kids through excruciating pain to teach them. I have learned to be fearful of people from the abuse and bullying I went through. It took a long time to overcome that. The Bible promotes spankings, but not with blunt objects, only with lighter objects that produces a sting, not excruciating pain and physical damage.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: