Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Very Common Form Of Abuse That People Don't Think Of As Abuse


A Very Common Form Of Abuse That People Don't Think Of As Abuse:

This type of abuse usually occurs in divorce situations. Children become pawns as one parent uses them to carry out revenge against the other parent. They turn their children against the other parent by sitting their children down and bad mouthing the other parent. The children believe them. Then the children go to the other parent's house and the other parent bad mouths the one parent. This is abuse whether you like it or not. I, myself grew up with that.

The effects it had was that I ended up confused. It takes away from the love parents are supposed to have on their children. I felt that I had no one to look up to. I, later on started to look up to my maternal grandparents. I have learned to trust them more than my own parents. It is very difficult to trust and look up to parents who are bashing each other or even trust them. A child's up bringing is their foundation and when parents try to turn their children against each other, that tears down the child's foundation. The children have no one to look up to. It also makes a child feel alone and isolated. If a parent truly loves their children, they will not do things like this to them.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: