Saturday, July 6, 2013

"I Love You" Can Be Meaningless When Love Is Not Practiced

"I Love You" Can Be Meaningless When Love Is Not Practiced

Many parents tell their children "I love you". Kids need to know that they are loved. Kids need to be loved. Many times kids are not being loved. When a kid is not being loved, "I love you" is meaningless. A child is not being loved when a parent gives them a physical punishment with no regard to the physical damage that they are doing to their children or no regard to their child's health or not caring about the damage they may cause. Severe spankings with large sticks is not love. Getting hit on the hands with sticks is not love. Getting hit in the head is not love. When a child brings to the parent's attention of the possibility of the parent killing them by hitting them in the head and the parent responds "I don't care, I am going to do it anyway! ", that is not love. Your words "I love you" are meaningless. When you tell a child "I love you" then tell a child "why don't you go play in the street and get hit by a car", "I love you" is meaningless.

When you tell a child "I love you" and show them love, it means a lot. Discipline shows love. When you discipline a child in a way that shows respect to their bodies and their health, that is love. Anger does not show love but instruction and reassurance of you love for them after the discipline shows love.

Cutting a person down is not love. When you tell a child "I love you" and then call them "stupid" or other bad names or tell them that they are worthless and useless, "I love you" means nothing.

Exploiting a child, degrading them, making them expose themselves and giving bare butt spankings is not love. When you do this and tell them "I love you", that is meaningless.

Respecting a child's privacy and dignity is showing love. You can discipline children without degrading them. It is better to use harsher instruments to spank with than to make them expose themselves by spanking their bare butt. I am not condoning using harsh instruments. Producing a sting without causing harm or making them expose their butt is sufficient.

All things should be done with respect, instruction, and regard to the child's dignity and modesty. All instruction should be constructive. It should also be made clear that it is the misbehavior that is being punished, not their person.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: