Saturday, December 14, 2013

You Don't Have To Be "Normal"

You Don't Have To Be "Normal"

Have you ever tried to be normal?   Do you have differences that doesn't seem normal?   Do you find yourself trying to change because you are not like other people? 

I have struggled with that for years.   I have a lot of things about me that is different.   Some of those things came from my childhood environment,  many of those things are just the way God created me.   Some were choices I have made good or bad. 

I was told that I had something wrong with me.   I was bullied throughout my childhood.  I knew that I was not like everyone else.  I tried to be like everyone else because I was ashamed of who I was.  I could not be myself when I tried to be "normal".  For years I tried to be someone I was not.   I made being "normal" my priority and that lead me in the wrong direction. 

Romans 12:2  "be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove that what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

By this,  I have learned that it is ok to be different and it is ok to not be normal.  I can be myself,  the person God created me to be.

You don't have to try to be normal.   You don't have to try to be like everyone else.   Be yourself,  be the person God created you to be.   It is ok to be different.  Change things that are sinful.   Change things that hurt other people.   If what you are doing is not sinful or hurtful to others,  embrace in it.  

The main thing is to love God and to love people and treat them with kindness,  compassion and grace.  Treating people with love,  kindness,  compassion and grace is by far more important than being normal.   How you treat other people shows who you are. 

I am not normal and I like it that way.   Be the person God created you to be no matter how different it is.   Love and kindness is far greater than normal.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: