Sunday, December 1, 2013

Scars From Abuse Appear To Be Very Ugly, But In The End They Become A Beautiful Thing

Scars From Abuse Appear To Be Very Ugly,  But In The End They Become A Beautiful Thing

Many of us carry physical scars and emotional scars from abuse.  Those scars can be from the abuse itself,  some physical scars can come from self harm or other things that we get involved with which may have been a complication of abuse. 

We may see our scars and it reminds us of the horrible abuse we went through.  Every day we see them in the mirror and many tears have been shed.  We look at them and say that they are horrible.  We ask God to help us.  We carry deep pain. 
I will tell you that someday, those scars will remind you of the great things you have done in the lives of others if you trust God that He would work out those things for good.  God will cause you to do great things.  You will look at those scars and those scars will show you the compassion you have had on other people because of the abuse you went through.  Those scars will show you how many people you have helped.   Without those scars,  you would not have been able to help those people.  Those scars will remind you of the great things you have done and you will say "they are beautiful".

I can tell you for myself that I have accumulated physical scars from abuse and the complications of abuse.  I used to look at them and it created horrible memories for me.  I can now look at them in a mirror and they remind me of the 4 lives that were saved from suicide.  My scars remind me of the people I have helped.   They remind me of those who were helped that I don't know about,  now I can say that they are beautiful.  

Never give up hope.  Never think that you are ugly because of those scars.  You are beautiful people,  scars and all.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: