Saturday, April 27, 2013

Who I Am as a Person by Rodney Calmes

Who I Am as a Person by Rodney Calmes

 

I have previously shared my life story in detail, revealing my pasts, the things I have been through, and the things I have overcome with the hand of God. This post is not going to be about that. I am going to tell you about myself as who I am today.

Today, I am a Christian. I have accepted Jesus Christ in my life in 1995, now I am an elder in my church. I like to help others any way I can. I am a very sensitive person, and when I see someone hurt, I also hurt like they do. As a result of that, I want to do anything I can to help them. I like to see people be loved, and to see themselves as God sees them. It hurts me to see someone feel like they are worthless, stupid, useless, or an accident. God sees every one of you as precious, because He would have never created you in His image or died for you to forgive your sins if you were not. God loves you and commands us to love one another as He loves us. I like to see people loved. It hurts me to see someone who is not being loved like they should be. I also like to lead people to Christ, and help them to know that they are forgiven by His shed blood on a cross, so that they can cast their burdens on Him, and not be burdened down by sin. It is my goal to show love, kindness, and compassion on others. It is my goal to help others realize that they are precious and valuable, and to make them feel that way. It is also my goal to let people know that I am there for them, and to make them feel loved and welcomed.

The things I like to do is to hunt – mainly deer hunt, Fish for anything that bites and tastes good. I am not a competitive hunter or fisherman. If I sit in the woods and not see deer, just being there in the nature is satisfying enough. It is my time to surround myself with God’s creation and wildlife, and pray, and gather my thoughts. Being out on the waters, enjoying the serenity – whether or not I catch fish is very satisfying to me. I also like to go on nature walks, drives, or to just be out in the nature. I like the sound of moving waters – that is very soothing. I also like to have camp fires and eat smores. I like to swim and be on the beach as well – especially during the summer.

I am not much into the big city life, or the rat race in the big cities. The farther I can get from big cities, the better. I am not big into sports, but I will watch the Packer game. I do like to ski and golf. My knees are not that good for skiing anymore, so I will no longer be able to do that.

I like to dine out, watch movies or TV, I also like to do internet and computers. I can also do puzzles, play cards and games on rainy days. Sometimes just sitting and watching the nature out the windows of my cabin is also satisfying. I also like to fix things or build things. I am a mechanic by trade. Most of the time, I rig things to make things work rather than fixing it right, because I am tight and like to save money. It is more satisfying for me to junk pick a lawn mower and rig it to make it work than to buy a good one.



I am very easy going, and I could do just about anything. I am more of a passive person, who will go with the flow rather than telling people what I want to do. I am ok with that. When it comes to important issues, then I will plan it and do what I want to do. I am better at taking charge of a situation and doing it than I am at following someone else’s plan or working with them when they are in charge. If I have to do things according to what someone else wants, I am constantly asking how to do it. If I take charge, I know how to do it and get it done.

I am an inquisitive person, and a curious person. I try things to see what will happen, and sometimes some of the things I tried were potentially dangerous. I also research things thoroughly and retain a lot of information. Some people has known me as the “Walking and Talking Encyclopedia”. I also read the Bible and teach it.

I have been on many ministries, and got my feet wet in every area. I have done children’s church at my old church. I have done youth ministries for junior high and high school people. I have been to Haiti on a mission trip. I have preached sermons, and did a sermon in Haiti. I have taught adult bible studies. I have been on the buildings and grounds committee for my old church and mowed lawn and maintained their mechanical equipment. I am now feeling called to minister to victims of abuse, and be there for them and support them any way I can. I will also be pursuing making speeches regarding bullying in schools, sharing my story, and sharing what bullying can do to a person. I will also in my speech share what we can do to prevent bullying, and how we should treat others. I will also in my speech build others up who may be getting bullied. I have not done that yet, but I am pursuing that.

God Bless,

Rodney Calmes

 

 

No comments: