Tuesday, November 19, 2013

When Repeatedly Exposed To Pain, We Build Resistance To Pain And Further Damage Both Physically And Mentally

When Repeatedly Exposed To Pain , We Build Resistance To Pain And Further Damage Both Physically And Mentally

In my past posts,  I have talked about repeated over spanking causing a physical resistance to damage and pain.   This can get to a point where getting spanked with a stick does not hurt and no bruises show because of getting spanked so many times in the past,  our bodies built up our skin along with the nerve endings and soft tissue damage under the skin healing into scar tissue which is tough.  This is a part of our physical body's design that when it is going to be afflicted in one area regularly that it builds itself up to resist further damage.  Our emotions work the same way.

What we have been cut down, made fun of,  ridiculed,  and had mean things done to us repeatedly and often, we built mental calluses just like our physical bodies do and we eventually no longer feel the pain from the mean things done to us.  It can eventually lead us not to feel.  For a while I was called "Robot Rod" because I lost my ability to feel by the time I got to high school.   It was only God who restored my emotions. 

I can say from a personal experience that because of the frequency of spankings I took either at home or school,  things did not seem right when I stopped getting spanked,  so I would seek them out.  Not getting spanked seems like being in the Twilight Zone.  The same thing happens when so many have been mean to us and someone comes along and shows us love and kindness.

When so many people have been mean to us on a regular basis,  it gets to the point that the mean things don't have any effect on us any more.  When someone shows kindness,  we don't know how to take that.  It doesn't seem real and it is like being in the Twilight Zone.   We often feel like we are being hurt by the kindness and we think that it is the kindness.  It is not the kindness that hurts us, it is the hurts stored up from the mean things done to us that are starting to surface.  We start to cry and it becomes overwhelming to us so we run away from the kind person.  I myself have struggled with this.

There are many of you who may be struggling with this.  If you find yourself struggling with this,  I will pray for you.  Don't run away from kind people.  You were all created to be loved and treated with kindness.  It is only right for you.  As hard as it may be, embrace that kindness and the kind person may be giving you the opportunity to release those hurts.  Let them release. 

If you are that kind person and you find someone running from you,  understand what they are going through and continue to the best of your abilities to show kindness toward that person.  Your kindness and perseverance can change that person's life.   I, myself have run into people like that and I was like that myself.   Perseverance pays off.  Never give up on anyone,  you may have reached them when they need you the most. 

It is not right for anyone to not be loved.  I want to let you all know that you are loved.  If any of you need anything,  feel free to message me anytime.

Rodney Calmes

No comments: